Belize is a small Central American country located on the eastern coast of the Yucatan Peninsula. It is bordered by Mexico to the north, Guatemala to the west and south, and the Caribbean Sea to the east. Belize is known for its diverse culture, rich history, and beautiful natural surroundings.
One of the main attractions of Belize is its natural beauty. The country is home to a number of national parks and protected areas, including the Belize Barrier Reef, which is the second largest coral reef system in the world. The reef is home to a wide variety of marine life, including over 500 species of fish and hundreds of types of coral. Belize is also home to a number of tropical rainforests, which are home to an array of plant and animal species.
In addition to its natural beauty, Belize is also known for its rich cultural history. The country has a diverse population, with a mix of Maya, Mestizo, Creole, Garifuna, East Indian, Mennonite, and other cultures. This diversity is reflected in the country’s cuisine, music, and art. Belize is also home to a number of ancient Maya ruins, including the famous site of Caracol, which was once the largest city in the Maya world.
If you’re interested in exploring Belize, there are many activities to choose from. You can visit the ancient Maya ruins, snorkel or scuba dive in the crystal clear waters of the Caribbean, go birdwatching in the rainforests, or visit the many small villages and towns to experience the local culture. Whatever you choose to do, Belize is sure to be a unique and rewarding destination.
Start your day by waking up to the caressing and revitalize Belizean sunrise. Bask in the healing glow from the hammock ornstroll leisurley on the soft sand of the beach beneath your feet.
- Visit the Mayan ruins of Xunantunich and Caracol
- Dive the Great Blue Hole
- Explore the Belize Barrier Reef and snorkel or scuba dive
- Hike through the Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary and Jaguar Preserve
- Visit the ancient city of Altun Ha
- Go birdwatching in the Crooked Tree Wildlife Sanctuary
- Take a boat tour through the mangrove forests of the Placencia Lagoon
- Visit the Belize Zoo to see native wildlife
- Go caving in the Actun Tunichil Muknal cave system
- Go fishing in the Turneffe Atoll for bonefish, tarpon, and permit.
Wayfair-Wayfair believes that options for your home can come from just about anywhere, so we carry over 5,000 brands of products like furniture, lighting, cookware, and everything in between.